One fine day , a bus driver went to the bus garage, started his bus, and drove off along the route. No problems for the first few stops - a few people got on, a few got off, and things went generally well.
At the next stop, however, a big hulk of a guy got on. Six feet eight, built like a wrestler, arms hanging down to the ground. He glared at the driver and said, "Big John doesn't pay !" and sat down at the back.
Did I mention that the driver was five feet three, thin, and basically meek? Well, he was. Naturally, he didn't argue with Big John, but he wasn't happy about it. The next day the same thing happened - Big John got on again, made a show of refusing to pay, and sat down. And the next day, and the next.
This grated on the bus driver, who started losing sleep over the way Big John was taking advantage of him. Finally he could stand it no longer. He signed up for body building courses, karate, judo , and all that good stuff.
By the end of the summer, he had become quite strong; what's more, he felt really good about himself. So on the next Monday, when Big John once again got on the bus and said, "Big John doesn't pay!"
The driver stood up, glared back at the passenger, and screamed, " And why not? "
With a surprised look on his face, Big John replied, " Big John has a bus pass ."
Management Lesson : "Be sure there is a problem in the first place before working hard to solve one."
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Definitions of Designations:
- Project Manager is a Person who thinks nine women can deliver a baby in One month.
- Developer is a Person who thinks it will take 18 months to deliver a Baby.
- Onsite Coordinator is one who thinks single woman can deliver nine babies in one month.
- Client is the one who doesn't know why he wants a baby.
- Marketing Manager is a person who thinks he can deliver a baby even if no man and woman are available.
- Resource Optimization Team thinks they don't need a man or woman; they'll produce a child with zero resources.
- Documentation Team thinks they don't care whether the child is delivered, they'll just document 9 months.
- Quality Auditor is the person who is never happy with the PROCESS to produce a baby. Tester is a person who always tells his wife that this is not the Right baby .
- HR manager is a person who thinks that a donkey can deliver a human baby if given 9 months